Arrivals and Departures
- Check-in is from 3pm. If you arrive before that, please contact our staff! Check-out is by 11am so please make sure you (and your belongings) are out of the room by then. If you’re late to check out then you’ll be asked to pay for another night, so make sure that alarm is set!
- Please make sure to bring a valid photo identification with you, preferably a passport, government issued I.D. card or driving license. You’ll need this to check in, so don’t forget it!
- Bookings cannot be accepted from any person under the age of 15 unless they are accompanied by an adult (18 or over). Unlike some hostels we do not have an upper age limit but the majority of our guests are backpackers in the 18 to 30 age range.
- If you’re travelling with friends or family, we’ll do our utmost to book you in a room together – but this can’t always be guaranteed. If you want to make sure that you aren’t separated from your group, we’d suggest booking a private room or taking over a whole dorm.
- Please note that all our dorms are mixed unless a female only dorm is booked
- Please be aware that there is a deposit payment when you confirmed the booking and we accept paypal. We do not accept American Express, Diners Club cards or any other card. Cash is only accepted for walk-in bookings.
- Fully refund of deposit: If you wish to cancel or amend your reservation to receive a full refund of the deposit, you will need to notify us by email at email@example.com 7 days in advance of your arrival date by 3pm. If you notify us any less than 7 days before your arrival date, or in case of a no-show, you will not be entitled to a refund of deposit.
- If you arrive a day late without informing the hostel, we will try and find you a bed, but this may not be in the same room type booked and may incur extra charges.
Room Keys and Locker Keys
- You’ll be given a keychain with the room key and locker key when you check-in which gives you access to both the hostel and your room and your personal locker. If you lose your keychain, it’s HKD$500 for a replacement – so please keep it safe!
Special Offers and Packages
- The Cove Hostel run a variety of special offers and packages throughout the year. These are open to all guests and group bookings. Stay Tuned!
Receipts and Invoices
- If needed, we can provide receipts for proof of payment of your stay, however, please let us know if you will need this upon check-in.
- The comfort, safety and security of our guests is really important to us. Any guest(s) who, in the opinion of our staff, compromise the comfort, safety or security of other guests, staff or local residents will be asked to leave the hostel premises and will not be given a refund.
- Guests are expected to respect other guests as well as staff, local residents and property.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the building. Any guest found smoking inside the building, will be fined HKD2000 and asked to leave the premises immediately. A refund will not be issued for the stay.
- Drug use is illegal in Hong Kong. Any guest found using drugs within any of the buildings will be fined HKD 5000. He/she will be asked to leave the premises immediately. A refund will not be issued.
- We will not serve alcohol to anyone under the age of 18.
- Each pod bed (in dorm rooms) has a personal locker for small valuables.The Cove hostel accept no liability for the loss, theft or damage to guests’ property, however sustained or caused. We strongly recommend guests bring a padlock to use on luggage.
Damage to The Cove Hotel’s Property
- Guests will be expected to reimburse the Cove Hostel for any damage caused by inappropriate behaviour during their stay.
- Except in relation to death or personal injury caused by our negligence, The Cove Hostel’s liability remains, at all times, limited to the value of the services booked, excluding any amendment charges paid to us.
- the Cove Hostel will only store and use information you supply to us or which is supplied to us for the purposes of carrying out a contract with you, and to inform you of other services and offers which we make available from time to time. If you do not wish to receive such information please let us know by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Errors and Omissions
- Any omission or error in sales literature, web pages/sites, order form, quotation, price list, order acknowledgement, dispatch note, invoice or other documents issued by us may be corrected by us without liability. We will advise you of any changes at the time of booking or as soon as is reasonably possible thereafter.
- All bookings are subject to availability and the Cove Hostel reserve the right to decline any booking at its discretion.