A great way to have fun and see Hong Kong. Whether you are in Hong Kong for a day or two, or have lived here all your life, ZOOM RIBS can take you to places you have never been before. You will see a completely different side of Hong Kong, and have great fun getting there!
ZOOM is a 7.5m long RIB (rigid inflatable boat). RIBs are the “4×4’s of the sea”. They are used around the world by Special Forces, Police (including the Hong Kong Police) and rescue services because they are very safe, extremely fast and comfortable at high speeds.
Maximum Capacity: 11 guests
Boarding Location: Aberdeen Public Pier (An additional cost of HKD$2,000 for boarding at The Cove Hostel)
South Side Spin
- Duration: 1 hour
- Pick-up in Aberdeen, travel through Aberdeen Harbour, speed along the Southside of Hong Kong Island seeing Deepwater Bay, Repulse Bay and Stanley Bay, possibly also Tai Tam Bay and Po Toi Islands and Waglan Light. Return to Aberdeen or disembark in Stanley (for shops and restaurants and Stanley Market). Also possible (by prior arrangement) to stop at Po Toi for a fresh seafood meal in a traditional Hong Kong seafood restaurant.
- HK$500 per person (Minimum of 4 person)
South side to Harbour Blast
- Duration: 2 hours
- Pick-up in Aberdeen, travel through Aberdeen Harbour, speed along the Southside of Hong Kong Island seeing Deepwater Bay, Repulse Bay and Stanley Bay, Tai Tam Bay, Po Toi Islands, Shek-O, Tung Lung Chau, Waglan Light, enter the Eastern Harbour, Lei Yun Mun Gap stilt houses, Museum of Coastal Defence, Chai Wan fishing harbour, Kai Tak Cruise Terminal, Convention Centre. Disembark in Causeway Bay Typhoon Shelter right next to the Noon Day Gun and in the very heart of the vibrant Causeway Bay district. This trip also works well in reverse, with the possibility to end at Stanley for the famous market, restaurants and shops.
- HKD$800 per person (minimum of 4 person)
Lantau and Tai O
- Duration: Half a day
- Pick-up in Aberdeen, travel through Aberdeen Harbour, cross one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world at the north end of Lamma Island, race past the fast ferries and hydrofoils on their way to Macau, speed along the beautiful south side of Lantau island and arrive at the famous traditional fishing village of Tai O. This trip can end in Tai O (return over land or carry on to the Big Buddha and cable car) or you can return to Aberdeen. You will see the massive new bridge between Hong Kong and Macau and there is a possibility of seeing the endangered pink dolphins (unique to the Pearl River delta). This trip could (by prior arrangement) also be combined with a visit to the lovely The Beach House restaurant on Cheung Sha Beach, South Lantau.
- HKD$1,000 per person (minimum of 4 person)
Ninepins, Sai Kung and Tung Ping Chau Excursion
- Duration: One full day
- From Aberdeen (or Causeway Bay) along the Southside/ through the Harbour, past Tung Lung Chau, Clearwater Bay, past the beautiful coast line of Saikung Country Park, the Nine Pin Islands and the spectacular rock formations of the Geo-Park, past the High Island Dam and into the (usually calm) waters of Mirs Bay. Stop for a walk and food at the unique Tung Ping Chau (very few Hongkongers have visited it – and only a few kms from the Mainland), explore its beautiful beaches, unique geography and search for its lost village (Hong Kong’s Angkor Wat). Return to Causeway Bay or Saikung Town (travel back to HK Island by land)
- HKD$1,600 per person (minimum of 4 person)